Sr. Continuous Improvement Coordinator Greater Madison, Wisconsin Area
The successful candidate will be involved in creating and implementing a variety of projects which will help us get closer to our vision- "Best Company in the World". The focus of projects and initiatives for this position will include safety, quality, people and productivity initiatives. The skills, talents, knowledge and leadership of the successful candidate will be utilized by creating necessity to learn around continuous improvement tools and practices, which will widen the circle of engagement and ownership within the facility.
- Lead and coordinate Critical to Business Values Stream maps, identify and deliver large scale productivity improvements.
- Utilize Zero Based Analysis (ZBA) methodology to prioritize VSM opportunities
- Develop a 3-year productivity pipeline of large impact improvements to achieve company’s productivity targets.
- Employ Six Sigma methodology and analytics into organizational operations as well as providing learning opportunities to members.
- Conduct/facilitate process improvement projects and ongoing facility gap assessments around safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide leadership with periodic updates on process and progress against targets.
- Set goals and objectives, both personal and as a team member, to acquire "superlative" performance in order to support the company’s culture.
- Strategically manage and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to quality processes and systems, including defining performance measures, process capabilities and process controls.
- Coordinator work with process optimization and capital engineering on timing of projects and productivity tracking and validation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification required, Master level preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in driving Six Sigma initiatives with measurable results which includes a minimum of 1 year of experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience applying and delivering learning modules on Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools, techniques (including Kaizen) and methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated experience of implementing process improvements with front line Members.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to widen the circle of engagement within the membership
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated success on safety, quality, people or productivity
- Experience with MS Office suite: must be proficient with Excel, Word, & PowerPoint. Use MS Project preferred
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time using CI expertise to work on organizational optimization projects and initiatives
Continuous Improvement Chicago, IL
- Coach functional leader on leading in an CI environment including:
- Leading performance board huddles
- Performing Gemba walks
- Coaching problem solving activities
- Lead Continuous Improvement Events including but not limited to Kaizen events, Mini-Transformations (mini-t), Value Stream Transformations, employee training, data analysis, lean project management.
- Provide suggestions to site CI Manager/Director or local leadership team on process and improvement requirements.
- Complete area diagnostic to understand performance improvement potential and identify tools required to achieve goals.
- Apply and teach the following lean tools: 5S, SMED, Visual Management, PDCA, Kanban, Standard Work, Pull Systems, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma Tools, TPS principles, Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Bachelors Degree in technical discipline (Required) or equivalent work experience; Masters Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of lean six sigma application experience using Toyota Production System (TPS) methodology, preferably in highly regulated environment (Preferred)
- Green Belt Certification (required), Black Belt Certification (preferred)
- Leadership experience in functional area (Preferred)
- Knowledge related to transactional process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of program and project management in support of Lean, Enterprise Excellence, Six Sigma, quality improvement, and similar initiatives.
- Leadership capability and communication skills necessary to achieve results through others.
Please Submit Resume
To apply, please send an email and resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject field.